Foxway Estonia was founded in July 2016. What started out as an operation with about 50 people and from ground zero, the company today employs about 420 employees and has an expected turnover of 100M EUR this year.
In 2020 expanded to Spain and acquired a company of 45 strong there. Foxway plans to expand further to Europe.
Foxway Estonia has been partnering with businesses globally to deliver supply chain and buyback solutions, allowing businesses to easily achieve compliance, access the value of their returned or waste electronics, and outsource supply chain management and logistics.
The company has tailored software, enabling pricing, logistics, and processing of the returned devices so that their partners can run a seamless service with their customers.
Foxway Estonia has their headquarter in Tartu, Estonia. Sales, pricing, finance and IT departments are all based in Tartu, Estonia. This is also the location of the secure central processing facility.
Key account management teams are distributed throughout the Nordic region, supporting their partners in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, France, Latvia and agents representing the Middle East, South Africa and Iceland.
Currently, Foxway Estonia has a 16 members Software Development team where are 9 Software Developers, in 2-3 months they are hoping to recruit at least 4 more people and maybe more in the future. Software Developers team are today divided into two: Project manager, Technical analytics and QA-s are working at Tartu and Software Developers are working remotely from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus.
Foxway Estonia is planning to improve their software development team at Tartu and they are also recruiting people who work remotely from the countries mentioned above.
As the Foxway Estonia team has grown recently and will expand, even more, they are looking for a Sofware Development Technical Lead who would have the strong technical competence and great coaching skills guiding the way of developers.
The company employs high-quality talents and people are encouraged to and trusted to make decisions and responsibilities.
Foxway Estonia has a lot of entrepreneurial energy, their slogan is “Don’t stop me now!”.
Foxway Estonia has a high employee satisfaction rate and loyal employees.
They keep the team spirit up, in addition to professional development and career opportunities, with different company/team building events.
Company size: 420+
Software Development Technical Lead position is located in Tartu, however, depending on the candidates’ background Foxway is willing to consider a person working partly at Tartu and partly at the home office for example if someone lives in Tallinn.
The main goal of the Software Development Technical Lead is to be a lead example when it comes to technical knowledge of software development technology and code writing for the team members. It requires consistency to look at optimization opportunities and ways to improve the system and setting the technical directions for the Software Development team. Technical Lead is making code reviews, coordinating technical analyses results and trains team from a technical perspective.
Manager of the position - Head of Software Development
- Software Development Technical Lead should have at least 5 years of Software Development background, knowledge about how to write code and what good quality code looks like
- Technical Lead should have .Net Core and ASP.NET Core development skills. Significant experience developing multi-tier applications from front-end (HTML, JS, Angular or alternative technologies) to the back end (C#, .NET, ASP-NET MVC, LINQ), relational databases (MS SQL) and AWS or Azure are expected.
- The future member of Foxway Estonia must have a broader understanding of how software fits into the overall system and a good understanding about how software will be deployed, managed and operated in a production environment
- Higher education in IT or replaced by relevant experience.
Software Development Technical Lead should be open-minded, always open to have discussions with colleagues and have a passion for learning and keeping up with the latest technologies. Technical Lead should be a great communicator, have good coaching, influencing and teaching skills and have an agile mindset with a willingness to work in a constantly changing environment.
Technical Lead is expected to be fluent in English, Estonian is an advantage.
- A fascinating opportunity to create business-critical solutions for a company acting in a new and rapidly improving, growing, exciting field
- Constantly seeing the results of your work, and creating solutions that are ground-breaking
- Working in an agile environment where needed decisions and discussions are done quickly
- Great opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills, and the best practices, working together with fun and professional people
- Excellent conditions for professional and personal development, exciting projects/challenges to develop, improve, save the environment
- A young professional team of high-quality skills, loyal and ready to take responsibility-sharing one mission – saving the planet by reducing electronic waste through circular economy
- Technical interview with The head of development
- Cultural interview with the HR
- Tripod test